In this era of 2021, if you are creating content and designs that are not visible to potential visitors, then you are gaining nothing. How to reach millions by creating unique and creative content? Get it search engine optimized (SEO). There are various techniques for which SEO can be done, and the one people used to focus earlier was off-page techniques like link building or any other technical element.
But it has been researched and analyzed that if you do not focus on the fundamentals of the on-page SEO, off-page SEO won't deliver much good. Thus, the smart SEO practitioners know that it is imperative, to begin with, on-page SEO techniques, and also be up to date about its ever-evolving knowledge. In this blog, we will help you gain the same. We will deliver you with in-depth knowledge of what on-page SEO is and how is it important for your business.
What is On-Page SEO?
Wish to generate traffic and don't know how to? This is the way. On-page SEO which is also known as on-site SEO is nothing but optimizing the web pages in order to improve the website's search engine ranking and also helps in earning the organic traffic.
But can that be done for any sort of content? No. When relevant, high-quality, and unique content is published on the web, then only an SEO expert can think of doing on-page SEO. When we talk about on-page SEO, it includes optimizing the HTML tags, that is the title tag, meta description, and the header and even includes the image tags. It makes sure that the website contains a high level of authoritativeness and trustworthiness, and that the content posted help in making the website visible in the search result.
Why is On-Page SEO important?
It is very crucial to understand the benefit of anything before thinking of availing it. If we talk about the on-page SEO technique, it helps the search engine to understand the person's website and the content he is trying to deliver. And not only that, it even tries to identify whether it stands in the list of searcher's queries or not. As if not, then it might be of no use for the audience. Despite being a complex algorithm, Google now is much better at understanding what the users are searching for when they have a query and what to deliver them in order to meet their intent or solve their problem.
Though might sound technical but can easily be done if you ensure that the website and the content you offer is unique and relevant for the users, this will ultimately help your website stand out and be visible to your targeted audience. By focusing on the best techniques of the on-page SEO, you might get to see a boost in traffic and also a rise in your search presence. In this blog, we will pay attention to the top six areas that will help you in improving your website content and authority.
1. E-A-T: No such abbreviation is there, but by this, we mean – Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. All these acts as the pillars that Google raters use to access the content creators, webpages, and also websites as a whole. It isn't about fancy words you use or amazingly you present on Google; instead, E.A.T is all about the high-quality and relevancy for the content that matters initially.
2. Title Tag: Why to confuse the user a fancy one? Keep it simple as it should be understood by the audience. Title tags are HTML tags that are displayed at the head section of each webpage and help in giving a context about the topic of that page. These are clickable links to attract the visitor to your page and are thus make a great impact on organic ranking.
3. Meta Description: Let the visitor get a gist of it before even opening the link. This is where you need an attractive and short meta description just below the title tag. In this space, you need to provide a description of what the page is all about. Though it is observed that meta description doesn't help in the ranking perspective, but it is also noticed that better and appealing meta descriptions do help.
4. Headlines: Catchy and appealing headlines can surely grab the attention of the visitor. Don't you think? In order to get your content millions of views, you need to start off with an attractive headline. A title for a blog is completely different from the headline of that blog, because you accept it not there is surely a difference between a click and impressions, and that is the reason while picking a headline for your content you need to be very sharp and creative headed.
5. SEO Writing: Don't you think it's very important to understand what the search engine is requiring as well as what users require from your content? When we talk about SEO writing, we mean to the day that one should create content that is not only unique and creative but also relevant for both the search engine and the visitors visiting it. So, it is better to do an in-depth analysis then take a step to deliver anything online.
6. Keyword Cannibalization: So, what does your answer if I ask that will you keyword rank high if you try to target the same keyword on more pages? My answer is it won't. It is said that targeting the same keyword on multiple pages can lead to keyword cannibalization, that is, an unexpected and dangerous outcome for your search engine optimization because by doing such a technique you start competing with your own self. Thus, it is always better to get complete keyword research and use and relevant and targeted on various pages wherever required.
So, are you now a bit more aware of the on-page and its various techniques? Though it might sound complex, once you get a hand on it, you will surely help in ranking on top of the search engine result page.